Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Strahan

Wed, Nov 7

It's evening here and most folks are just going in to dinner. I came down to use the rest of my hour so will type fast.

We took a cruise down Gordon River. Got off at two different spots in the rain forest. The leaves on the trees are small because there is plenty of water so these trees look for the light. Most rain forests have large leaves to collect the water. 

One person got a picture of a Paddymellon animal. Very cute, some kind of marsupial I think. I didn't see it. 

Most of the trees here are Myrtle and very old. The oldest trees are Huon Pine. Saw one that was hundreds of years old and a young one at eighty.  Some are over a million years old. 

Walked the town which took a minute or two. No bank here. Stores won't take American dollars. 

Want to get this posted so I don't lose it. Tomorrow we move on by bus to another location. 

Lots of moss on trees and I want to know does it grow on the south side or north like it does in our hemisphere. No one has an answer yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment