Saturday, November 3, 2012

Down Under continued

Finally we are on our 2hr flight to Hobart in Tasmania. We are met at the small airport, it is evening now, cool weather, and we are transferred to a lovely hotel just fifteen minutes away.

We get our rooms and luggage and walk a block to a lovely fish place to eat. Dinner was grand. We are all tired and then walk back and settle in.

Friend here said I should mention that my luggage tag was broken probably by the nasty lady who made me take carry on item and check them.

Sunday Nov 4

Today we are up early - you know how I like that - and have a lovely buffet breakfast. We got a bus tour of the city and then a boat ride with more touring. I don't have my itinerary ready to tell you what and where (most of us were napping anyway) but it was nice. We had a wonder and leisurely lunch at the Peppermint Gardens on the water.

Just back an hour ago and wanted to get something out to you. We are on our own for dinner with another busy day tomorrow.

It's is a beautiful place and people are very nice. And we speak the same language, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment