Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 1 On the way to Norway

Hi Family and Friends.

June 24 I left early evening on Scandinavian Air for Copenhagen and Oslo, where I am overnighting tonight. Things went like clockwork. What they call business class is really First class.

First my seat wouldn't work and the purser had to work on it and the one next to me, then the headpho es lost sound. But those are trivial items compared to what I have been dealing with and all worked out.

I actually got about four hours sleep on the first long leg so thought that would tied me over.

Once in Oslo we saw that our luggage arrived!!  Needless to saw that was nice but after having no luggage Anarctica I knew I would survive - and I had my meds in my carry on.

Our Silverseas pick up person, Ulf, took us on a twenty minute tour and it is beautiful here. Everything is lush and green.  We saw the palace where the King and Queen reside aand they are very well liked here.

My roommate, Alma Quigly from DE, arrive shortly after we did and then six of us got settled and then went across the street for dinner. It was a small place and the food was good.

Now I'm in my room after a lovely shower and it is still light out. We are nine hours ahead of CA.

We have an early start tomorrow and I'm going to get to sleep shortly. It's 8:45 PM as I type this. We fly to Tromo and will get on our ship, Silverseas Explorer, there. This is the same ship I was on in Anarctica only the name has been changed.

I miss talking to my family and friends at home and I especially miss my little Mabel. She is in good care with the day care people and living with a young man and his dog Norman.

Love, J


If you wish to be removed please send a blank email with REMOVE as the subject. No reason necessary.

Please don't send emails with a lot of attachments or large pictures to me.

Thank you so much. Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment